The UNOG Staff Union represents all staff at UNOG (which includes UNCTAD, OCHA, ECE, OHCHR, UNRISD and other UN Secretariat staff in Geneva)*. The Council of the union has 25 seats, which are filled by election every year. The Council in turn elects an Executive Bureau.
- work to promote your welfare and rights.
- represent you on a range of issues to management in Geneva and New York, as well as management of individual departments.
- keep you informed of developments that affect you.
- work to reflect your interests in policies and conditions of service.
- provide advice and legal assistance to victims of harassment and unjust decisions (conditions apply).
- participate in the bodies that review the correctness of selection decisions, as well as the ePas rebuttal, special post adjustment and related committees.
- represent your interests in the complimentary health insurance group (GPAFI), the savings and loans mutual (La Mutuelle), and the catering services committee.
- contribute to the Staff Benevolent Fund.
- oversee and support all staff bodies such as the clubs and societies, SAFI, the UN Today magazine, and the UN beach.
Join your staff union!
* Such mandate does not extend to Geneva-based staff of the funds and programmes (UNDP, UNICEF, UNHCR) nor staff of the specialized agencies. These staff are requested to contact their respective unions in case of need for staff representation.